Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sweet Spring Break

Spring break was last week (March 11-20), it was much needed for everyone. Callen and I spent the week at my parent's house in Harrah. It was a wonderful getaway...and such a great week with my parents!

We left Friday (11) afternoon after parent teacher conferences. We were lucky enough to ride with (Aunt) Lauri and (girlfriend) Josie to meet my parents in OKC. It was so nice getting to ride down with someone and not having to make the 4 hour trip alone and someone there to entertain C the whole way there. Callen did excellent on the trip down!

Friday once we got to OKC we heard that Harrah (my hometown) was involved in a huge grass fire. Luckily, it was about 5 miles from my parent's house and the wind was blowing in the opposite direction of their house. Still scary, and very sad for all those that lost their homes.

Saturday was spent at OYE (livestock show). I wanted to see my best friend, Coleman, and he of course wanted to see Callen. We spent the afternoon talking to Uncle Coleman and letting Callen pet the animals. We also got to watch "girlfriend" Josie show her goat.

The rest of spring break was pretty relaxing. Callen got his 4 month shots (1 month late, since he was sick). Callen got to meet my doctor I had growing up. Callen weighed 14.13 and was 27 in. long. So he is a long skinny baby. Callen did great with his shots...he had a higher fever this go around (around 101) and was very cranky for about 2 days...but, he bounced back wonderfully! He is healthy and happy, great to hear!

We tried some more vegetables with Callen also...poor kid still can't handle them. This time we tried sweet potatoes and it gave him a horrible tummy ache. So, we will lay off of everything but milk and cereal for another month. We also tried introducing formula to him...that caused a tummy ache too. I guess I am just blessed with a baby that has a sensitive tummy. Hopefully he will get over it soon!

We also got Callen's Easter pictures made in his Easter outfit. His outfit is a blue and white striped button up Ralph Lauren shirt, white Ralph Lauren pants, and blue Ralph Lauren "boat" shoes. It looks very grown up and not "babyish." He did excellent getting his photos taken. They are so very sweet. I will post them!

Jason was able to come down to my parent's house on Friday (18). While he was there we went to the Just Between Friends Consignment Sale at the Fairgrounds. I am not one for bargain shopping, but this place was nice. We got several big items for really cheap.

Of course it was horrible sad having to leave my parents and head home. Our time was great together. Callen just loves them and they love him. It was also nice for me, I got to have a little break and get some much needed rest. Wish we lived closer to my parents so they could experience everything that Callen goes through all the time and not just a few times a month.

Anyways...Callen is changing so very much. He is now sitting up by himself. He really got the hang of it last week. He does so well. He is also getting on his knees and rocking back and forth...I see crawling happening very soon. He is teething like crazy...still no teeth. Grr. He also like to try and sit up while he is laying on the floor. He is so strong.

He loves to be tickled and kissed....just laughs and laughs. He also loves getting pictures taken of him. He is such a poser...anytime you put a camera infront of him he turns and smiles at ya. He still loves Mickey Mouse, but loves a new show Jake and the Pirates. He also thinks he has to drink out of your cup and he tries to eat out of your plate. He got his own sippy cup this past week...however, it is only for water. He will not drink milk from it. And he won't drink water from a bottle. Strange. He thinks he is pretty cute drinking from the sippy cup. His temper is still very strong. If he doesn't agree with what is going on he will throw a fit until he gets his way. Spoiled already?!? He also got a hat and a pair of sunglasses...he loves wearing them. He also loves cats...he tried all week to get mom's cats to come to him...they never did. So

I learned yesterday that we now have to fasten him into every toy...bouncer, swing, etc. Yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work I put C in his swing like every morning. He was watching Clubhouse Mickey and somehow fell from his swing. He landed face down on the carpet. He cried for several minutes, but is just fine. Broke my heart.

I have several pictures to post...I will do that this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment