Thursday, July 25, 2013

Catching Up On Callen

It has been a while since I have wrote about Callen's milestones and mishaps!  It is amazing how much he changes each and everyday and it is so much fun to watch him learn and grow.

We recently went to the doctor and he is coming in at 28 lbs and 38 inches tall.  He is going to be a tall and skinny boy.  In the words of the doctor..."maybe he will be like some of the other Frantz family members."  Here is too hoping because looking at Jason and I there is not a lot of hope for the tall part!

Callen loves to eat and thankfully is not a picky eater.  He will eat anything you put infront of him.  We are truly blessed in this area!  However, he loves candy and juice; and I am trying to break him from the amount of juice he takes in a day.  The rate we are going he won't have teeth by kindergarten!  He is doing better with just drinking 3 cups of juice a day.  He is drinking more milk, so I tell myself that is better!

He is sleeping like a champ and we could not be happier with his MAJOR improvements in the sleeping area!  He sleeps all night by himself and only wakes up if he has to go to the bathroom.  This is a huge milestone for our family and I am so thankful that Callen is sleeping all night...all the thanks goes to Jason and Callen!

Callen loves to color and paint and we spend a lot of our morning painting and coloring Thomas or Mickey Mouse coloring pages.  He also loves to learn (hopefully this continues).  He can count to 20 without problems and then to 30, but a little rattled.  He knows his ABC's and knows their order and can spot each letter.  He knows how to pick things that are bigger or smaller and his colors.  He "reads" books to himself all the time (I love hearing him recite the books we read).  And now we are working on telling time.  Nothing major, just the O'clocks.  Writing will come next.

He is a whiz at anything to do with technology.  He knows more about Jason and I's phones than we do and he can maneuver a computer or game better than me.  While these things are not all good, it is good that he has these learning areas down and enjoys them.

He still loves Thomas the Train and it is so much fun to see his imagination begin.  He has voices for his trains and he has little stories that go with them.  He still loves puzzles and can quickly put them together.  He loves to swim (as long as the water is warm) and he enjoys playing outside.

Callen loves to "help."  He sees you doing something and he says, "me help."  He does a great job and it is neat to see his independence begin.  He loves to help Jason and then tells Jason, "you are big and strong Daddy."  It is the sweetest thing ever.

He loves to give hugs and kisses and will randomly come up to any and everyone and give them a kiss.  I think I had about 30 kisses yesterday, and I loved every single one of them!  He has also started saying, "Momma I love you." And when he says it, it melts my heart.  He is a sweet boy.

Callen loves animals, especially cats and cows.  And he desperately wants a kitten...I don't see that happening.

However, Callen is extremely stubborn and has started to really test your buttons (and he knows it).  So, we have had to have some timeout moments and some breakdowns.  He is slowly learning.

We have started discussing with him about the baby and how he is going to have a sister.  He knows there is a baby in Momma's belly and sometimes he will talk about it.  We don't push it.  I am sure the transition will be difficult on him and all of us.  However, we will all get use to the changes and life will go back to normal (or whatever normal we have).

The other day I asked him what kind of birthday party he wanted this year, he replied back with..."Thunder."  Yup, OKC Thunder. I am all about it...not sure if it will stick.  We shall see as time continues.  Can't believe our sweet baby is going to be THREE in a few months.  Time seriously flies by!  We are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment