Friday, August 5, 2011

Fever

Last night Callen had his first real bout with a "high" fever. It scared me to death and I think my paranoid behavior annoyed Jason. Anyways, last night as I was trying to get Callen to sleep I noticed he was pretty warm. I took his temperature and it registered at 99.7. Which no need to stress. However, he continued to get warmer and warmer. His body felt like it was on fire. In the back of my mind I was thinking he might have gotten unburned last night when we were at the pool...so I was blaming myself for going out in the 100 degree weather. I turned the light on throughout the night and Callen wasn't sunburned (told you I was paranoid). So, I continued to give him fever reducer every 4 hours (rotating) types and taking his temp....it would not go down. Got up to 101.2. He continued to feel like a sauna all night and I continued to be paranoid all night. This morning when we woke up he was still running a 100.6 temperature. Through many text messages to Jason on what I should do (doctor or not), I finally decided to give my mom a call and see what she suggest I do. After Mom's help and suggestion of a cool bath Callen's fever finally went down. We are currently sitting at 99.2. However, it was normal for several hours this morning. He is extremely fussy and want to be loved and held...which I can easily do. I guess he is teething...because he seems fine. So, today has been a very tiring day filled with lots of tears and hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment