Whew. It has taken our little family a few days (okay, a week) to get back amongst the living. Even though the weekend before was not crazy or really busy, it just seems like it takes everyone a few days to get back into a routine. Callen is finally back on his regular night time sleeping routine, and the house is finally back in order. I love going places, but I never realized until I had a child, how hard it is to get everything back to normal once you get home. However, we are alive and kicking once again and ready for the new week....if we can get use to the time change (if I can get use to it)!
This week seems like it is going to be full of nice days and hardly any wind (don't see that very often in the panhandle), so we will spend our afternoons and evenings outside soaking up the spring(ish) air. Maybe even hit up the park with Callen and his best friend, Halle.
We are hoping to slip away this weekend and just hang out and relax. Yes, I know, another weekend of being gone and then getting back to normal. However, we need some R&R as a family and just a small getaway. No idea where we are going or even if we will! We shall see!
Callen and I are glad that basketball season is over. Callen has loved having Daddy home every night to play with and put him to bed. I have enjoyed him being home every night, too...forget how much I love him sometimes! And it is nice that he is home to put Callen to sleep!!! Callen goes to sleep so much easier with Jason than me. However, I have not missed cooking every night! Oh, well, it is worth it...I guess! :)
We have a busy spring coming up, lots of weekends and nights filled with activities and travel. However, we get to see wonderful friends and family during these travels, so it is worth it.
Enjoy these beautiful days! I know a TWO year old who is dying to get outside!
No comments:
Post a Comment