Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear Santa,

This weekend Callen wrote his first letter to Santa. Okay, I wrote his letter to Santa. We have mailed it to the North Pole and are waiting for Santa's response on Christmas morning. I of course made a copy of the letter so I can keep it for a keepsake (hoarder, maybe).

While I was writing his letter Callen watched Frosty the Snowman and I can finally say he has found something Christmas he likes! He loves him some Frosty! I have recorded the show and we watch it daily. Yay! My Christmas madness with him has finally paid off...he likes ONE thing about Christmas!

We are officially kicking off Christmas this week with our first Christmas! We have the Frantz family Christmas this coming weekend and I am looking forward to seeing everyone. Always a wonderful time with wonderful people and amazing food. Jason is pretty excited for Callen to try the traditional Frantz Christmas food, verenika. It is good stuff. Google it. It sounds gross, but it is really amazing stuff.

I have lots of presents to wrap and I need to do shopping for our Angel Tree kids and our food gift exchange for this weekend. I am also odd and have been looking into the charity of giving people a well (water) or fertilizer for people's fields in 3rd world countries. I have always found these charities interesting and I have been researching to make sure these foundations are legit. They seem on the up and up so now it is deciding what to give.

Callen and I are also going to make some Christmas candy this week. I made my first batch of glass candy this week and I have several more batches planned to make. And I want to make the usual Christmas candies too. Might have to wait for Saturday when Jason will be home and I can cook all day without a one year old pulling at my leg. However, Callen and I are taking a test run with sugar cookies this week. I am not making the dough from scratch this week, I will just buy the roll and see how Callen handles it. Then I will make my fresh dough next week for better cookies. Christmas cookies is one of my family traditions that I am looking forward to passing down to Callen.

Hope everyone is ready for CHRISTMAS! Write your letters to Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment