Well, I know I said Callen would be sleeping in his bed from now on a few nights ago. That failed.
Wednesday night as we were getting ready to go to the Baptist Church Christmas play I noticed that Callen had small pin like blisters inside his mouth. These little white dots were all along his cheeks and on the roof of his mouth. My mind automatically when to the worst...hand foot and mouth. These little disease ran through a family in our church a month or so ago and I just assumed Callen had caught it. He was extremely cranky and could not be settled down.
The next morning (yesterday) I decided to take Callen to the doctor. The little white blisters weren't as bad. But, they had moved toward the front of his mouth and looked to be under the skin. We have Christmas this weekend and one of Callen's cousins is almost two, so I thought it would be best to see what Callen had and to see if it was contagious.
It didn't take long for the doctor to diagnosis his little mouth sores as Thrush. Horrible name if I do say so. Anyways, Callen is NOT contagious...thank you LORD! And it is like a yeast infection in his mouth. Sounds fun. It is really painful and is really hard to get rid of. He is on some form of fungus medication and is on pain reliever. The doctor said it could take 20 days to months to get rid of. This Thrush is caused by kids putting stuff in their mouth. I.E. SUCKERS. As you know, Callen loves suckers. And the doctor said anything that they put in their mouth and then set down and then put back in their mouth causes bacteria to grow in their mouth. So, no more suckers for Callen. We are also deep cleaning the house. I bleached everything and then Lysol-ed the entire house and his toys or anything he touched so the germs would die and hopefully we can get rid of this.
The Frantz family can't catch anything normal. Callen will get through this and I will survive. The good thing is that he is not contagious and that we can be out and about this Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment