Instead of gripping about my week, I am looking at the blessings that I have. I have learned in my short years of life that it is much easier to look at the blessings God has given me rather than grip about things that you just can't fix. So, instead of gripping about the hardest/most demanding week I have had since becoming a mother, I am going to turn that into all blessings.
As I was getting Callen's water ready for his nightly bath tonight I was silently thinking about the week that just came and went. Now, let me backtrack, I did just have a major breakdown hissy fit 20 minutes before his bath and after a little prayer and a reality check I soon came to my senses. I AM BLESSED.
Granted, this week has been challenging. Callen no longer nursing and on top of that he is cutting at least 3 teeth (those being molars). He has wanted/needed a lot of loving this week and even though he has cried or screamed most of the week and my nights usually end with a big Dr. Pepper and Advil, I can honestly see the blessings that I have. Granted, those blessings might not be happy at the moment. :)
Luckily, I am able to stay home and raise my kiddo and see his milestones and his meltdowns. Staying home is a major blessing in our family's life. I enjoy it (I would not say every moment) and I know in the long run it will be the best thing for our family. Granted, I do miss my teacher friends and the students, but that will be there in a few years.
I am blessed with one of the best families and friends a person could ask for. They are always there for encouragement, laughter, prayer and tears. I am so thankful for each and everyone of them. God has put me in a part of the country I never saw myself living and I know I am here because of the wonderful family and friends that always have open arms and hearts and treat me as their own family. And my wonderful family "down state" and in Illinois that are continually there and are willing to be my support when needed. And my wonderful friends all over the place that randomly call and hearing their voices just makes my entire week. I had one of those phone calls today, and even though it was to talk about a terrible week he had had, it seriously made my day to hear his voice! I am blessed.
I am blessed with a nice home, heat, food, a huge TV to watch my shows on, clothes, tons of shoes, a car to go places and things that I really just don't need, but I have. I am blessed beyond needs and wants. Oh, and my pets of course...granted they do not get the attention like they use too...but, I still love them and I am so glad they are here for me to pet and tell my problems to.
I have a wonderful kid, who tests me like none other, but can melt my heart in the same second. I never imaged I could fall in love with someone like I have Callen. There is no describing or explaining. I am just blessed with a healty, happy, handful of a boy. And even though there are days or weeks that I want to crawl in a hole and sleep till summer or whenever, I find that Callen does something to make my tiredness or my anger or whatever just go away. He is the best little guy in the world.
I have a wonderful husband who provides and cares for us and is willing to go above and beyond for his family.
And most importantly, I am blessed because I have a Savior who died for ME. Every night when I put Callen down and pray for him, I tell God how thankful I am for giving Callen to me. And that I just can't imagine how he felt to see his SON go through the pain and suffering for ME. Granted, I know I am HIS CHILD and he sees us all suffer. But, WOW, the pain we feel for our child is NOTHING compared to the PAIN God had seeing his ONLY SON die for US.
So, there are weeks that make me want to pull out my hair and just escape or cry, but then I look at my blessings and I know that everything will be okay and it will pass. I have a blessed life and I need to remember that from time to time just how blessed I really am.
No comments:
Post a Comment