Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Callen's life is soon to be a busy one! Grandma and Grandpa Sammons came up for the weekend to spend with Callen and I since Jason had basketball games all weekend. It was so nice seeing them again and Callen just loves them to pieces. It was also nice for me to not only see them, but to get a little rest--which was much needed since I have been sleeping (if you can call it that) in the recline with C the past week and a half. We are also headed to the big city of Ft. Worth on Thursday to spend a few days with my sister and nephew. We have big plans ahead of sweet little Callen. Callen and I are leaving Wednesday morning to go to my parents and spend the night. Then we will all pack up and head out to Ft. Worth Thursday morning to see my nephew's school play. After that we have pictures scheduled for Callen and Ethan (my nephew)...then we are off to Gallaria Mall for some shopping and ice skating. C will not take part in the ice skating, but we will watch from the side. Then we are heading to Six Flags for their Christmas Celebration. We will see Santa and all the lights and maybe ride a few rides...mom will anyways! I am so excited to take a little roadtrip with Callen and to also spend time with family. It is going to be a great week filled with fun!

When we get back it will be time to get ready for Christmas...excited to celebrate Callen's first Christmas with everyone and just cherish this sweet and precious moment with him. However, before we get into the full blown holiday spirit we must take a step back and do a crummy thing...get Callen's first round of shots. Not looking forward to this at all. I already have the infant Tylenol bought and ready to go...I just don't think I am ready to put my poor baby in pain...however, it is neccessary so I will suck it up. Once the shots are over along with the tears the celebration can once again take place.

I also had a "big" milestone this past Friday night...I left Callen for the first time. It was hard and I cried off and on the entire evening. I surivived and so did he. Jason thought I was crazy for being like I was...it is just hard on a mom to leave her baby, especially for the first time. I know January 3rd will be hard...I am already mentally preparing for it.

Callen is feeling much better now...his stuffy nose seems to be better. He is just having a rough go of sleeping. Hopefully we can get that undercontrol this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment