Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Birthday Party WEEK!

The Frantz household is in full throttle party mode. Our house is top to bottom in party sacks and crafting areas. In other words, the Frantz house is a total wreck. Our household is full of excitement for Callen's big birthday and I am pretty sure Jason is close to cardiac arrest with my party craziness (kidding, Jason is fine). Callen's room and our dining room table is full of Backyardigan fun and balloons, oh and PRESENTS. Callen is teething...so, I guess, it is really just me in full party mode.

By Saturday we will be ready to celebrate Callen turning the BIG 1! I can't believe my little boy is turning ONE. Where has this year gone?!? Seems like yesterday everyone was marking their date on the calendar of when Callen would come...now, we are marking the date on the calendar for that same little boy's party.

To recap last week in one word...CRAZY. Callen had his one year pictures on Tuesday. It was horrible. He didn't get a nap in before his pictures and he didn't sleep good the night before, so picture hour was HORRIBLE. However, through the crying and tears the photographer got some really great pictures. Uniquely U Photography in Choctaw does excellent work and I can't wait to take C back on a day that he is full of life. To add to our crazy week we had a ton of things that had to get taken care of for his party. We went somewhere every day and by the end of the week Callen was exhausted. However, we got everything accomplished that needed to be done and Callen was really good for the amount of sleep he received during the week.

We are now back home and Callen is getting to catch up on some much needed rest and I am able to get things done for his party. Luckily, my mom came home with me to help this week and it couldn't be more of a blessing. This morning my week just went from busy to insane with party stuff and now getting emails about education state testings that I still do for the school. So luckily I have mom to help and pass Callen off on when I need to work. I am blessed with a wonderful mother.

Callen is currently trying to cut two teeth. Usually his teething is just fine. He usually isn't too fussy and usually I can never tell when he is teething until a tooth pops in. However, this week is a whole new ball game. Callen is miserable and his gums are so swollen. Yesterday afternoon I put teething gel on his gums to help with the pain and I guess some of the gel got on his lip. Well, as you know it went numb and he bit down hard on his lip and busted his lip open. So, now we have a fat lip and sore gums. Poor baby.

On another note, Callen's chin (see previous post) has healed and it didn't scar. And it didn't show up in the pictures!!!

My next post will be all about Callen's Backyardigans Birthday Party! I will post pictures for all. It will be a great time celebrating Callen's big day with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment